Roughly 3,000 people gathered in UN Plaza in San Francisco today (2/5), triple the number that turned out for a similar rally last Saturday (1/29). At about 2 pm, 1,500 or so of those present marched down Market and around the area, shouting slogans in defense of the Egyptian uprising and in solidarity with the Palestinian struggle. Compare this with our own government’s 11th hour change of heart regarding Mubarak, which in practice translates into blind support for Omar Suleiman. The best we can say about Obama and Clinton is that at least they aren’t Berlusconi and Merkel.
- @ogkabrera: Your Reutherite faction was voted out of office across the state. Get over it. 6 years ago
- Solidarity from South Africa (live at ustre.am/F2oU) 7 years ago
- RT @callie_hoo: At the 9.24.2009 ga, the proposed occupation almost tore everything apart. Now there's consensus on this matter #occupycal 7 years ago
- RT @dailycal: General assembly voted to start an encampment #dayofaction #occupycal 7 years ago
- Tolman Hall held by students and workers. Open occupation. Bring food, water, support, love! Spread the word! bit.ly/oFCDKX 8 years ago
Antonio Gramsci says…"There is no unity between school and life, and so there is no automatic unity between instruction and education."